- the extreme top or summit.
- Informal. the highest point or degree: the very tiptop of physical condition.
- Chiefly British Informal. the highest social class.
- situated at the very top.
- Informal. of the highest quality; excellent: a tiptop meal.
- in a tiptop manner; very well: It's shaping up tiptop.
Origin of tiptop
Related Words for tiptopprime, superior, ace, choice, elite, best, highest, supreme, uppermost, apical, first-class, first-rate, superb, terrific, topnotch, excellent, exceptional, extraordinary
Examples from the Web for tiptop
Contemporary Examples of tiptop
Especially if Obama sticks with the prep team who did such a tiptop job in Denver.Simon Schama on How Obama Threw It All Away in the Denver Debate
October 5, 2012
There is lots of nudity around and the performers are in tiptop shape but no erotic charge is intended and none is delivered.Marina Abramovic's Full-Frontal Art
March 18, 2010
Historical Examples of tiptop
But there was the hare away up in the tiptop of that willow tree!Stories the Iroquois Tell Their Children
A likely young feller with a team an' a woman could do tiptop on that eighty.Other Main-Travelled Roads
"Tiptop, where Strong is concerned," said the doctor grimly.Tonio, Son of the Sierras
"This seems a tiptop place," said the Oregonian, looking about him.Chester Rand
Horatio Alger, Jr
Why, it's only a fortnight off the day, and you're one of the tiptop skaters.The Dark Tower
- at the highest point of health, excellence, etc
- at the topmost point
- the best in quality
- the topmost point