- a drastically narrowed field of vision, as in looking through a tube, symptomatic of retinitis pigmentosa.
- an extremely narrow or prejudiced outlook; narrow-mindedness.
Origin of tunnel vision
First recorded in 1940–45
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a condition in which peripheral vision is greatly restricted
- narrowness of viewpoint resulting from concentration on a single idea, opinion, etc, to the exclusion of others
- Vision in which the visual field is severely constricted.