- a suffix of adjectives corresponding to nouns with stems in -gen: erogenous.
Origin of -genous
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- yielding or generatingandrogenous; erogenous
- generated by or issuing fromendogenous
from -gen + -ous
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for -genous
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Producing; generating:hematogenous.
- Produced by or produced in a specified manner:exogenous.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.