Words nearby easier
Definition for easier (2 of 2)
adjective, eas·i·er, eas·i·est.
- (of a commodity) not difficult to obtain; in plentiful supply and often weak in price.
- (of the market) not characterized by eager demand.
- (of a bilge) formed in a long curve so as to make a gradual transition between the bottom and sides of a vessel; slack.
- (of the run of a hull) having gently curved surfaces leading from the middle body to the stern; not abrupt.
Origin of easy
SYNONYMS FOR easy
OTHER WORDS FROM easyeas·y·like, adjectiveo·ver·eas·y, adjective
Examples from the Web for easier
Finding a smuggler in Ventimiglia is easier than finding good food.
Talking about death is never easy, but with food, comfort, and familiarity, a new kind of dinner party is making it easier.
Consider, too, that in this digital age, making something public is not only easier but has greater reach.
As it stands, the deal will ease the travel ban and trade embargo, and make it easier for Americans to do business in Cuba.
This deal will greatly ease a travel ban and the trade embargo, and make it easier for Americans to do business in Cuba.
It would be all the easier to pave the way towards a friendship between Philip and him, by-and-by.
Let us get her up-stairs before she becomes conscious; it will be easier for her.Six Girls and the Tea Room|Marion Ames Taggart
I assured him that nothing would have been easier had I meant it.A Set of Six|Joseph Conrad
It's easier to do things that are amusing than those that are dead serious.The Corner House Girls in a Play|Grace Brooks Hill
Indeed he was wont to say that it was easier for him to raise his soul to God than to lift his hand to his forehead.A Mediaeval Mystic|Vincent Scully
British Dictionary definitions for easier
adjective easier or easiest
- readily obtainable
- (of a market) characterized by low demand or excess supply with prices tending to fallCompare tight (def. 10)
- to use in moderation
- to treat leniently
- to avoid stress or undue hurry
- to remain calm; not become agitated or angry
verb easies, easying or easied
Word Origin for easy
usage for easy
Idioms and Phrases with easier
In addition to the idioms beginning with easy
- easy as pie
- easy come, easy go
- easy does it
- easy money
- easy on the eyes
- easy sledding
- easy street, on
- breathe easy
- free and easy
- get off (easy)
- go easy
- let someone down easy
- on easy street
- take it easy