Examples from the Web for featherweight
These featherweight savory gruyere-laced pastries are ubiquitous in Burgundy.
Kitamura, a featherweight at most, might seem a awkward messenger for the material.
I am not as strong as I once was so I bought a featherweight one.The Modern Pistol and How to Shoot It|Walter Winans
He held out his arm, but grew tired long before they reached his trap: Dane was no featherweight, and he leaned upon him heavily.The League of the Leopard|Harold Bindloss
She seemed only a featherweight when the bewildered doctor helped her to alight—an undoubted sprite and creature of romance.The Doctor's Family|Mrs. (Margaret) Oliphant
None of your featherweight, gas-lightened, paper-thin alloy shells, but toughened aluminum from stern to stern.Friend Island|Francis Stevens
That was not a difficult feat since she was but a featherweight.The Phantom Town Mystery|Carol Norton
British Dictionary definitions for featherweight
- something very light or of little importance
- (as modifier)featherweight considerations
- a professional boxer weighing 118–126 pounds (53.5–57 kg)
- an amateur boxer weighing 54–57 kg (119–126 pounds)
- (as modifier)the featherweight challenger