- foxlike; cunning or crafty; slyly clever.
- yellowish or reddish brown, as of the color of the common red fox.
- sexually appealing; attractive.
- stylish; modish: a foxy outfit.
- exciting and appealing, as a place, entertainment, or the like.
- discolored or foxed: pages of a book that had become foxy.
- (of a wine) having the pronounced flavor natural to native American grape varieties, as that of fox grapes or of Concord or Catawba grapes.
- (especially of a painting) having excessively warm tones; containing too much red.
Origin of foxy
Synonyms for foxySee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for foxyartful, astute, canny, crafty, cunning, deceitful, deep, devious, dishonest, experienced, insidious, intelligent, knowing, sharp, slick, sly, subtle, tricky, vulpine, wily
Examples from the Web for foxy
Contemporary Examples of foxy
Pig [growling sotto voce behind his hand, mock-furtive as a Disneyland Foxy Loxy]: Take 35 percent off the top and split!The Stacks: Grateful Dead I Have Known
August 30, 2014
An adult-entertainment company wants Foxy Knoxy to take a paltry sum of money to extend her 15 minutes of infamy.Porn Company Wants Amanda Knox To Star In Adult Entertainment Film
February 12, 2014
Vines that grow native in America (vitis labrusca, among others) are known for “foxy” or musky aromas and flavors.America’s First Great Wine…Made in 1842
November 23, 2013
Winston Ross and Barbie Latza Nadeau on Foxy Knoxy's next act.What Amanda Knox Is Up to Now
Winston Ross, Barbie Latza Nadeau
March 25, 2013
According to one report, the foxy feminist supports a Facebook group called “Men Should Wear the Veil.”Egypt Shocked After Female Dissident Blogger Posts Nude Photos
Emily Esfahani Smith
November 17, 2011
Historical Examples of foxy
He was too foxy to shout until his purpose was beyond all possibility of failure.
As he came up his foxy eyes were alight with what he intended for a grin of amiability.
He carried his head low, and he seemed to be playing no foxy tricks.Stories the Iroquois Tell Their Children
I could see he was itching to let me have it, but he was too foxy to show it.The Trail of '98
Robert W. Service
"That's where you are sensible," declared the man with the foxy face.Frank Merriwell's Bravery
Burt L. Standish
- of or resembling a fox, esp in craftiness
- smelling strongly like a fox
- of a reddish-brown colour
- (of paper, wood, etc) spotted, esp by mildew
- (of wine) having the flavour of fox grapes
- (of oats) having a musty smell as a result of getting wet, fermenting, and drying out
- slang sexy; sexually attractive