- real or genuine; down-to-earth; decent: a regular guy.
- absolute; thoroughgoing: a regular rascal.
- governed by one law throughout.
- (of a polygon) having all sides and angles equal.
- (of a polyhedron) having all faces congruent regular polygons, and all solid angles congruent.
- (of a topological space) having the property that, corresponding to each point and a closed set not containing the point, there are two disjoint open sets, one containing the point, the other containing the closed set.
- (of a function of a complex variable) analytic (def. 5a).
CAN YOU GUESS THESE WORDS FROM AROUND THE US?
Origin of regular
OTHER WORDS FROM regular
WORDS THAT MAY BE CONFUSED WITH regularregular , routine
Example sentences from the Web for regular
Either way, you can work a 20-mile ride into even the busiest schedule on a regular basis, and you’ll still have plenty of energy left to deal with the rest of your day.Why 20 Miles Is the Perfect Length for a Bike Ride|Eben Weiss|November 20, 2020|Outside Online
After those two cancellations, the Badgers began regular game-week preparation the Monday before their next game against Michigan.Maryland football is ‘committed to getting back,’ but timeline for return is unclear|Emily Giambalvo|November 20, 2020|Washington Post
Since 2018, she had been making regular stops at the pantry.‘Can’t eat a gift card’: Rural food banks fight to put turkeys on the table|Kyle Swenson|November 20, 2020|Washington Post
By late August, he was a regular on the second-team offense.For undrafted NFL rookies, the odds were even longer this year. Isaiah Wright made it anyway.|Sam Fortier|November 20, 2020|Washington Post
Not just for 2-1 Maryland, which has three more scheduled regular season games.College football has been battered by covid. What’s most startling is our acceptance.|Barry Svrluga|November 20, 2020|Washington Post
“Regularity is more important than duration so that it integrates into the mind and body,” says Cruikshank.
He flew into rages with some regularity, some of them drunken, and over the years said all manner of offensive things.
They can even help your digestion and the regularity of your bowel movements.Squats: The Absolutely Incredible Secret to Staying in Shape|Ari Meisel|January 2, 2014|DAILY BEAST
His big passion these days is the minimum wage, which he has written about with some regularity.
I want to die in a shower of color and return form the dead with annual regularity.American Dreams, 1983: Meditations in Green by Stephen Wright|Nathaniel Rich|September 30, 2013|DAILY BEAST
The returns from the subordinate branches of this service exhibit a regularity and order highly creditable to its character.A Compilation of the Messages and Papers of the Presidents,|Edited by James D. Richardson
The mackerel is a summer fish, coming and going with the regularity of the equinoxes themselves.American Merchant Ships and Sailors|Willis J. Abbot
This continued with regularity until eighteen months later, when she became pregnant.Fat and Blood|S. Weir Mitchell
With the regularity of a beating pulse the old man's shriek, fainter now, came to her from without.The Garden Of Allah|Robert Hichens
If derived from the air currents no dependence can be placed on the regularity of the energy.Motors|James Slough Zerbe
British Dictionary definitions for regular
- (of a polygon) equilateral and equiangular
- (of a polyhedron) having identical regular polygons as faces that make identical angles with each other
- (of a prism) having regular polygons as bases
- (of a pyramid) having a regular polygon as a base and the altitude passing through the centre of the base
- another name for analytic (def. 5)