- a person or thing that screams.
- Informal. something or someone causing screams of excitement, laughter, or the like.
- Printing Slang. an exclamation point.
- Baseball Slang. an extremely hard-hit line drive.
- Ornithology. any of several South American birds of the family Anhimidae, having a harsh, trumpeting call.
Origin of screamer
Related Words for screamerfunny, fantastic, farcical, humorous, ludicrous, preposterous, ridiculous, absurd, hilarious, bizarre, nonsensical, comical, amusing, provocative, fascinating, enjoyable, lively, diverting, inspiring, thrilling
Examples from the Web for screamer
Contemporary Examples of screamer
Historical Examples of screamer
"Well, you are a screamer, and no mistake," exclaimed he at length.Frank Fairlegh
Frank E. Smedley
A screamer with a slight hook on the end that gave the ball an added roll.Torchy As A Pa
Father thinks now that it was a 'screamer,' though it might have been a panther.When Life Was Young
C. A. Stephens
It must have been a screamer, for Yorke yelled when he read it.The Cock-House at Fellsgarth
Talbot Baines Reed
The screamer began to jabber like a maniac, punctuating his ravings with shrieks.A Rock in the Baltic
- a person or thing that screams
- any goose-like aquatic bird, such as Chauna torquata (crested screamer), of the family Anhimidae of tropical and subtropical South America: order Anseriformes (ducks, geese, etc)
- someone or something that raises screams of laughter or astonishment
- US and Canadian slang a sensational headline
- Australian slang
- a person or thing that is excellent of its kind
- See two-pot screamer