- a glass case for the display and protection of articles in shops, museums, etc.
- an exhibit or display, usually of an ideal or representative model of something.
- the setting, place, or vehicle for displaying something on a trial basis: The club is a showcase for new comics.
- to exhibit or display.
- to present in or as if in an entertainment showcase: The bar showcases young jazz pianists.
- to show to best advantage: The part minimizes her acting ability and showcases her singing.
- to present as a special event: The TV network plans to showcase a new production of the play.
- prominently or proudly regarded or presented: a showcase city.
Origin of showcase
Related Words for showcasedreveal, signify, prove, embody, demonstrate, illustrate, exhibit, sell, offer, air, produce, display, present, boast, represent, perform, emblazon, flash, feature, publish
Examples from the Web for showcased
Contemporary Examples of showcased
Since 2002, the Whitney has showcased net-based work on its Artport.Would You Buy an Internet Website as Art?
June 3, 2014
He has showcased his dramedic acting in short films like Gregory Go Boom and Eat, both directed by Janicza Bravo.Brett Gelman Has Dinner with Your Favorite TV Sidekicks
April 24, 2014
"It is an amazing opportunity to be showcased to a wider audience and to create something original," said Gupta.High Fashion Made in India
February 19, 2014
Its bridal collection was showcased this past weekend in a runway show during New York Lingerie Fashion Week.Lingerie for the 1 Percent
August 6, 2013
Forget the ‘severely conservative’ Mitt—the debates have showcased a new, moderate-sounding nominee.Romney’s Audacious Centrist Evolution Leaves Old Positions in the Dust
October 24, 2012
Historical Examples of showcased
The Encyclopdie showcased new directions of thought in all branches of intellectual activity.The Civilization of Illiteracy
- a glass case used to display objects in a museum or shop
- a setting in which anything may be displayed to best advantage
- (tr) to exhibit or display
- displayed or meriting display as in a showcase