- a glass case for the display and protection of articles in shops, museums, etc.
- an exhibit or display, usually of an ideal or representative model of something.
- the setting, place, or vehicle for displaying something on a trial basis: The club is a showcase for new comics.
- to exhibit or display.
- to present in or as if in an entertainment showcase: The bar showcases young jazz pianists.
- to show to best advantage: The part minimizes her acting ability and showcases her singing.
- to present as a special event: The TV network plans to showcase a new production of the play.
- prominently or proudly regarded or presented: a showcase city.
Origin of showcase
Related Words for showcasingreveal, signify, prove, embody, demonstrate, illustrate, exhibit, sell, offer, air, produce, display, present, boast, represent, perform, emblazon, flash, feature, publish
Examples from the Web for showcasing
Contemporary Examples of showcasing
This video remedies that injustice, showcasing an owl doing a butterfly stroke in Lake Michigan.Swimming Owls, Jane Krakowski’s Peter Pan Live! Audition, and More Viral Videos
The Daily Beast Video
December 7, 2014
The film was praised for showcasing the many unsung heroes of the movement who were ignored by previous film makers.Honoring The Late John Doar, A Nearly Forgotten Hero Of The Civil Rights Era
November 15, 2014
“[Amazon] should be showcasing ‘Tom and Jerry’ among classic movies in a way that gives them cultural context,” he said.Is ‘Tom and Jerry’ Really Racist?
October 2, 2014
Now, Cubaocho is a cultural hub in Little Havana, showcasing local art and music.The Best Food In Miami Is On Calle Ocho in Little Havana
July 10, 2014
Gathering veterans noted a focus on showcasing talented younger poets and musicians.After 30 Years of Growth, the Cowboy Poetry Festival Tries to Keep Its Pioneer Spirit
John L. Smith
February 8, 2014
- a glass case used to display objects in a museum or shop
- a setting in which anything may be displayed to best advantage
- (tr) to exhibit or display
- displayed or meriting display as in a showcase