- absolutely necessary, essential, or requisite: an indispensable member of the staff.
- incapable of being disregarded or neglected: an indispensable obligation.
- a person or thing that is indispensable.
Origin of indispensable
Synonyms for indispensableSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for indispensablydecidedly, particularly, absolutely, awfully, profoundly, excessively, remarkably, certainly, deeply, wonderfully, pretty, incredibly, eminently, uncommonly, truly, highly, extremely, extraordinarily, terribly, exceedingly
Examples from the Web for indispensably
Historical Examples of indispensably
But “a bill of rights,” he declared, is “indispensably necessary.”Patrick Henry
Moses Coit Tyler
Such an exposition is at this time most indispensably needed.The Philippine Islands
Ramon Reyes Lala
No item, except such as was indispensably necessary, was granted.Thirty Years' View (Vol. I of 2)
Thomas Hart Benton
In the formation of character, it is indispensably requisite.The Gentlemen's Book of Etiquette and Manual of Politeness
Cecil B. Hartley
I asked, however, only for such things as were indispensably necessary.In the Arctic Seas
Francis Leopold McClintock
- absolutely necessary; essential
- not to be disregarded or escapedan indispensable role
- an indispensable person or thing