- Astronomy. the Goat, a zodiacal constellation between Sagittarius and Aquarius.
- the tenth sign of the zodiac: the cardinal earth sign.
- a person born under this sign, usually between December 22nd and January 19th.
- tropic of. See under tropic(def 1a).
Origin of Capricorn
Related Words for capricorncancer, Aquarius, Aries, Capricorn, Gemini, leo, Libra, Pisces, Sagittarius, Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo
Examples from the Web for capricorn
Contemporary Examples of capricorn
Taurus longs for emotional healing, Virgo gets compulsive, and Capricorn trusts his instinct.
CAPRICORN If ever you should go with your gut, now is the time.
CAPRICORN Communication is likely to break down this week with Mars opposing a battle-worn Chiron in Pisces.The Stars Predict Your Week
Starsky + Cox
October 22, 2011
Pluto in Capricorn, trine Jupiter, says you heal through creative expression, by finding humor even in horror.
Libra pairs up for a project, Capricorn gets flashbacks, and Scorpio puts out fires.
Historical Examples of capricorn
In truth, he pined after the Capricorn—I don't mean only the tropic; I mean the ship too.Victory
When he had sailed beyond the tropic of Capricorn, a severe storm arose.Discoverers and Explorers
Edward R. Shaw
His horoscope showed that he was born under the sign of Capricorn.Outlines of Greek and Roman Medicine
James Sands Elliott
His last journey extended a little beyond the tropic of Capricorn.The Bird
Capricorn is indeed a capricious creature like a cockatrice with horns.Leadwork
W. R. Lethaby
- Also called: the Goat, Capricornusthe tenth sign of the zodiac, symbol ♑, having a cardinal earth classification and ruled by the planet Saturn. The sun is in this sign between about Dec 22 and Jan 19
- a person born during the period when the sun is in this sign
- astronomy another name for Capricornus
- tropic of Capricorn See tropic (def. 1)
- astrology born under or characteristic of Capricorn
Word Origin for Capricorn
- A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Aquarius and Sagittarius. Capricorn (the Goat) is the tenth sign of the zodiac.